Welcome to Adelante Charter School
Adelante is a Spanish-English two-way immersion (TWI) elementary school which offers the opportunity for children of all backgrounds to become bilingual, biliterate, and multi-cultural. Two languages and rich cultural experiences are woven into each child’s day through outstanding academics. Students are taught in a supportive environment to excel as creative, empowered thinkers and problem-solvers. We invite you to visit our school, where you will find students actively engaged in becoming self-directed, lifelong learners in two languages. Read more…
- ACS Board Meeting is Monday, November 10th at 5:30 in the Family Center
- NO SCHOOL on Tuesday, November 11th. We celebrate Veteran’s Day!
- Parent Conferences November 17th – 21st 1:00 PM Dismissal All Week!
- PTSO Meeting November 18th 5:30 PM
- Thanksgiving Break November 24th to November 28th
- 6th Grade off to CIMI December 1st – 5th
- Downtown Holiday Parade is set for December 5th
- Winter Break December 22nd – January 2nd. Classes resume on January 5th!
- SBDI’s Annual Show is set for Sunday, May 17th @ 3PM – Marjorie Luke Theatre
Parents have a critical role at Adelante, and they are one secret ingredient in the amazing community that has grown around Adelante. Student success is dramatically boosted by parent participation. The PTSO or Parent Teacher School Organization facilitates parent participation and communication and is in charge of important fundraising and community events. Read more…
Adelante Charter School offers a Two-Way Immersion (TWI) Spanish/English educational K-6 program committed to cultivating academic excellence in both languages, celebrating multiculturalism, innovation, creativity and the arts, while also promoting the development of a learning community in which students and adults use effective communication, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills to prepare for success in the 21st century global economy. Read more…
The teachers who have chosen to work at Adelante Charter School are an extraordinary group of professionals. They are drawn together by the brilliance of the two-way immersion model, and the unique way in which we serve students from all backgrounds. They are deeply driven by our school’s mission of supporting tomorrow’s leaders for a more just and equitable society. Read more…